Animal shelters across the nation have become overwhelmed and overcrowded. Sadly, 71% of cats and kittens who enter shelters are euthanized. In the past few years there has been a 45-55% increase in the number of abandoned adult cats. Although some of them are adopted, they are usually kittens or young, healthy cats. Older cats are left to die.
Our goal is to create a sanctuary for abandoned cats that are considered unadoptable because they are older or have special medical needs.
Our mission is to create a peaceful, comfortable environment where we can give these cats the medical attention they require while allowing them to live out their lives with the love and dignity they deserve.
The lease on our current property will expire in 2016. Our 4-year plan is to locate a suitable facility and build a cage-free sanctuary for cats that will feature:
- Communal living environments for the cats with plenty of windows to provide natural sunlight and spacious rooms for exercise and play
- Cat isolation/intake ward (with cages)
- Cat Solarium for the cats to enjoy fresh air
- Special group rooms for cats who are FIV+, overweight, or on prescription diets
- A quiet area for hospice cats
- Superior air quality
- Laundry & Food Prep Station
- Storage Area
- Quality veterinary care
A facility like this will require substantial resources. If you would like to contribute to our mission and help abandoned cats live out their lives with dignity and respect, please send a tax-deductible donation to:
Mass Humane Society
c/o Bessy’s Place Cat Sanctuary – (state on the check memo area – BPCS)
PO Box 890127
East Weymouth, MA 02189
For more information please feel free to contact us at 781-335-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!